Thursday, August 25, 2011

Facade

When George finds himself preparing for the day he talks about creating "George" for the public. The "George"  that everyone expects to find. From his physical appearance and clothing, to how he acts. This is the way everybody knows "George". I feel that all of us, especially high schoolers, put on a facade everyday for their peers just like George does. If I came to school in my pajamas one day people would suspect something was seriously wrong with me. I wouldn't be acting like the person they expected me to be. We're all just hiding behind this layer that we put on every morning so no one will expect anything is wrong with us and we can go on being unnoticed and normal as usual. None of us actually see each other for who we really are, we do the routine and get the hell out of there because in the end all we want to do is move on from this thing called high school, but it seems, even in George's case, that we will always have to put on that facade in our adult life so everything stays normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment